Friday, August 14, 2009

More Birds of a Feather

Example is contagious behavior. - Charles Reade

Birds of a feather flock together. Monkey see, monkey do. Herd mentality. The thing is, example is contagious behavior. Who you hang around with, what you watch on TV, what you read are the examples that you put into your brain, and your brain will reply in kind. If you don’t like what you’re doing, find people who are doing what you like and start hanging around them. If you want to think a different way, find others who think a different way.

And if you think, “Oh, that won’t happen to me,” I assure that it might. There have been times that I’ve thought, “At least I’m not as bad as X.” Whatever habit or situation I’ve been in, as long as there was someone worse, I thought it was tolerable. Even when it wasn’t. Especially when it wasn’t, because sometimes that “I’m not as bad as that” was all that kept me from doing something to change my life.

You can life and build your Future without any like-minded people around, but it’s a whole lot easier with them than without them.

No comments: