Sunday, October 22, 2006

What Kind of Future?

What kind of future are you looking for? What kind of future do you want to create? Is it one of peace? Is it one without wars or crime or hate? What is in the future you are birthing?

My future is one of love. The future, as I shape it, will be more filled with love than the present. It will be more about love than the present. Love of the Deities, love of the earth, love of humanity, and love of self. These are the things that I will be using to shape the future. I also want contentment, peace, no wars, no crimes, but moreso than all of those things, I want the Future to be filled with love.

Love is the basis of so many things. It is difficult to be content if you do not have love. It is difficult to have peace if you do not have love. Love is the opposite of hate and will eradicate it. Crimes and wars are born from hate and desperation, both of which can be softened or eliminated by love. Love is the basis of all that I want for the Future. Without love, the Future would be hollow and allow too many of the evils into it.

Love of the Deities
Do you believe in a Higher Power? However you see him, her, or it, do you love the Higher Power(s)? Are you loved by the Higher Power? Strengthen your love, and allow his/her/its love to fill you.

Do you see the Higher Power as vengeful and condemning? Why? When there is so much good in this world, I cannot believe in a Higher Power that wishes me evil. But your religious beliefs are you own, and I will not dictate to you what you should believe.

Do you not believe in a Higher Power? That’s fine, too. You can love the universe, if you wish. There are forces that permeate throughout our earth, our lives, our universe – electromagnetic forces, gravity, among others.

Love of the Earth
Some people believe that when we use up the Earth, we’ll have enough advancement in technology that we can simply move on to the next planet. I find that a horrible and horrifying thought. To find the Earth so disposable is disgusting and disturbing to me. The Earth sustains us. It gave humankind life long ago and sustains the life now. I did not discard my parents when I was done with them. I do not eat from a plate and then toss it into the trash. I do not buy a new car each time I drive one. I understand that most people do not believe that the Earth is a living being, a spiritual being, or even a being at all. Many people see the Earth as minerals and a factory for reprocessing waste into usable components. I do not see that, and I dislike that thought. To turn the Earth into just a chemical process is similar to turning conception into just a chemical process. Many people still consider it a miracle that sperm meets egg, that life is sustained within the womb for nine months, and that a human being is born at the end, usually healthy and whole. I still consider it a miracle. But these same people - who see the mother turning food and drink into sustenance for the child, removing its waste and giving it warmth and protection – see the Earth doing the same thing as merely a bunch of molecules being put to different use. I don’t know if the Earth is a spiritual being, a living being, or even a being at all. But I respect what it has given us throughout these millions of years, and I love it for that. I want to take care of it, and I do so with recycling, reducing, and reusing as much as possible. I birth the Future so that we can choose to leave the Earth if we wish, but so we won’t have to leave it.

Love of humanity
I do love my fellow humans. As a whole. There are a lot of individuals that I have issue with. But as a whole, humanity is a good thing. And it is for those people that are good, kind, loving, or at least not malicious, that I do good things for humanity, that I love humanity with my actions. I donate to charities when I can. I compliment people when they deserve it. I vote for people who have humanity at the forefront of their thoughts and actions. I am not in a position to do much for humanity as a whole, but I can affect individuals and have a ripple effect that will spread throughout humanity. If I affect three people positively tomorrow, and they each affect three more positively, and so on, then within a week over 2,000 people will have a slightly better life because of the ripples that I started. If that continues for an entire month, all of humanity will be affected (over 200 billion). I can affect all of humanity by my actions towards individuals, because I can affect individuals and make the Future better for them and give them the freedom to make the Future better for others. Hate, fear, and anger tie us down and constrict us. Love can free us. And if I can give a little bit of love and positive energy to others, free them a little from their constrictions, then they will be free to pass along the love and energy to others, and free them a bit more. Love is like information. You can pass it along without diminishing it any within yourself. Your store of love can diminish only if you allow it.

Love of self
I love myself. I’m not talking about masturbation. I’m talking about feeling love for myself and treating myself with the love and respect I deserve. No matter what others say to me or treat me as, I have the knowledge within me that I am a worthwhile human being, that I deserve respect and love, and that I am wonderful, and I have this knowledge because I love myself. Love is an emotion, but it is also a verb. It is an action. And if you do not love yourself now, you may need to act as if you love yourself before you will feel it. Treat yourself with respect. Wear clothes that flatter you. Hang around people that also respect you or at least do not actively disrespect you. Limit the phone conversations you have with people who berate you. Treat your body with respect. Say no when you mean no. Say yes when you mean yes. See the doctor, if you need to. See the dentist, if you need to. Buy yourself shoes that do not hurt and get rid of the ones that do. If you have trouble falling asleep, try repeating the phrase “I love myself” over and over to yourself instead of the negative voices that try to cloud into your thoughts. Give negativity no room in your life. Give yourself the life and love you deserve.

Love is an amazing thing. You don’t even have to tell people that you feel love for them to recognize it. They don’t even have to realize that they recognize it for them to do so at some level. When you love, amazing things happen. My Future will have love in it. Will yours?

No comments: