Thursday, May 22, 2008

Belated Day

Today I am one day late in putting up a new post. I am also one day late in wishing my sister-in-law a happy birthday. However, despite the embarrassment that I feel about being late in these things, I am putting up a new post, and I have sent her an e-mail. This is true progress over how I used to be. I used to screw up somehow and then retreat within myself, unable to even apologize, much less act in some way to make amends.

I think I'll keep the trend going today. There are a lot of things I've been putting off, but I refuse to overwhelm myself. (When I have a lot to do, I say screw it all and hop online to watch some really bad TV.) Today, I'm going to choose two things I've been putting off and doing them.

One of them is rewriting a plan for my week. I used ot be rather meticulous about getting the house cleaned up at least every other week if not every week, but that's gone quite downhill lately. I'm "going back to basics" in Flylady lingo and giving a couple things of hers a try again. They work, when I do them. The main thing I'm going to be giving a try again is "15 minutes a day, 1 hour a week". 6 days a week, clean for 15 mintes. 1 day a week, clean for 1 hour. As long as you pick up after yourself each day and run the dishwasher when needed, that's all it takes, so long as you do it. So I'm going to give it another try.

The other is to rewrite my values as in the style of the 10 Natural Laws (see a previous book review). I haven't looked them over since I first did them years ago. I am definitely not the same person I was then, though the similarities are there. The first three values are the same - myself, the Deities, and my husband. It's what comes after that that needs a little refreshing.

Whatever you're putting off, I hope you find what you need to get off your duff and do it. If you owe an apology or a letter or a phone call or something larger and scarier like quitting your job or moving, I hope you find it within yourself to do what needs to be done and clear a little space in your life for a better Future.

No comments: