Saturday, July 19, 2008

Refuse to Choose (2)

Okay, I have finished reading “Refuse to Choose! A revolutionary program for doing everything that you love” by Barbara Sher. This is a great, great book, and I am so glad I read it. I recognized myself in many of the chapters and came away with wonderful ideas about how to arrange my life so I am happier and can do all the things I want to do without the guilt for no longer doing things that I no longer love.

This book is for Scanners. A Scanner is someone who is “smart, curious, devouring every new project or experience – and unable to decide, once and for all, on a single direction for their lives”. You probably know one – someone who just can’t settle down into one job or keeps going back to school for a new degree or loves ballet and astrophysics and ancient Hungarian folk lore and a thousand other things. You may even be one of them. Whoever the Scanner is in your life, recommend this book to them. It can make a world of difference.

As for me, I’m heading over to the discussion boards that Barbara Sher has put up for Scanners and see what’s there.

No comments: