Saturday, September 27, 2008

Write for Life

Write for Life: Healing Body, Mind, and Spirit Through Journal Writing by Sheppard B. Kominars is an excellent book. Journal writing may seem like something teenagers do when they have a crush or adventurers do when they’re on safari, not something a sane and ordinary adult does. But it is. When life has handed you something big, some change, something that upsets your life, journal writing can be exactly what you need and can be the sanest choice you can make.

This book describes some of the benefits of journal writing, what you can expect and hope for from journal writing. It also talks about all the different topics you could discuss, gives you questions to answer and lists to make. It’s a great book for someone who is willing to give journal writing a chance, no matter the reason.

It’s given me enough ideas to get me going for now. I’ll pick the book up again in a year or two to see what suggestions I hadn’t taken and to refresh my commitment to journaling. I recommend this book.

No comments: