Monday, October 06, 2008

Impossible For Now

I thought it was impossible too before I did it. - Lance Armstrong

I heard the story about the four minute mile a while ago. Sports enthusiasts, forgive me if I get this a little wrong. For a long time, it was believed that humans could not run a four minute mile. It was just physically impossible. We weren’t built for that kind of speed for that long of a distance. All the experts believed that. This went on for years. Then a guy did it. Within the next year, so did several others. What changed? It suddenly became possible in the person’s mind. That’s the only difference. It was a change of thought. Humans didn’t suddenly evolve into speedier beings. Physically, we were just the same as the previous year. Only our thinking changed. And because our thinking changed, our possibilities changed.

Your possibilities can change. Believe they can, and they will.

No comments: