Saturday, February 07, 2009

Ten Poems to Change Your Life

Ten Poems to Change Your Life by Roger Housden sucked. I'm not a big poetry fan any more, but the title sounded promising. So I read the first couple of poems, and I skipped the interpretations, and I skimmed the remaining poems. These poems are supposed to change my life? One of them was about how warm the poet's socks were. I'm not kidding. I have had some poems if not change my life at least influence or comfort me greatly, and I'll get into some of them and what they mean to me in future posts. But I'm not going to be so pompous as to claim that they will change your life or that my interpretation of them is the right one. My interpretation is influenced by my life and my experiences, and your interpretation will be influenced by yours. Maybe you'll enjoy the poems I suggest. Maybe not. It's your life and your Future. You get to decide.

No comments: