Wednesday, April 02, 2008

What I Want For The Future

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. – Martin Luther King, Jr.

You can say you want less hatred, less intolerance, less this, less that in your life, in the world in your Future, but by phrasing it like that, you are focusing on the negative, on the darkness. Putting your focus, attention, and energy on those things just increases both their affect on you and your awareness of them. If you want less of them, instead promote their opposite. Abolish them by putting something better in their place. That’ll be the topic for the next series of posts.

For the Future, I want more love, more happiness, more peace, more safety, more harmony, more understanding, more health, more creativity, more opportunity, more financial security, more equality, for myself and for the rest of the world. In each post in this series, I’ll talk about how to get one of those things. If you want me to talk about something you want that isn’t on the list, let me know.

No comments: